How to prepare for your Directed Shoot!
Here is a breakdown of our requirements for shooting a perfect creative concept for you! Take a look at the video at the end so you get an idea of the process too.
Our basic requirements:
- 1hour - 1.5 hours per shot/scene depending on the creative. Your Designer will advise you specifically on this.
- The exclusive use of the room or space that we will be working in, for the full time of each shoot.
- We cannot do our job well if we also have to share that room with an entire class or if a lesson is going on, at the same time.
- Students organize to arrive at the right location once we have had time to set up.
- Any props or requirements previously discussed with your designer should be prepared in advance.
- Lunch for about 30mins at some point during the day (please provide this for us).
- Ideally a few coffees/water :)
A typical schedule...
08:30 - 09:00 Photography Team Arrives, Signs in, etc.
We like to arrive up to 30mins ahead of the first shot of the day to get introduced and talk through any last-minute queries.
09:00 - 09:30 We set up for Shot 1.
If you or a member of staff could escort us to the first location, we will begin the process of setting up all of our equipment & getting the scene ready.
09:30 - 10:15 First Students Arrive at 9:30 & we start shooting.
We ask that the students, of any age, arrive about 30mins into the session, as we will be fully set up & ready to give them our full attention.
We will then shoot for roughly 30-45mins, usually shooting a few hundred different images, trying a variety of things to give us the best images for your concept.
10:15 - 10:30 End Shot 1 & move to Shot 2.
It will usually take us 10-15mins to pack down our equipment & move to the next location.
Shot 2, 3, Lunch & Shot 4. We then repeat the day in rough 1.5 hour blocks as above.
10:30 - 12:00 Shot 2
12:00 - 13:30 Shot 3
13:30 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Shot 4
End of Day:
15:30 - 16:00 Pack up/ Sign Out / Head Home.
What happens on the day?
Here is a little behind-the-scenes video of two scenes that we shot in a school in the USA, to give you an idea of the process.
What happens next?
Day 1: The photography team will share the images with the designer via an online Proof Gallery.
Week 1: Depending on the nature of your specific creative, the designer should be able to send across their shortlist of images they recommend for the concept.
Week 2: Ideally you will be able to get back with your approval of the selected images, or add some that you like from the proof gallery as well.
Weeks 3-4: The first image from the creative concept is shared with you and any revisions are made by Interactive's retouchers or Designers.
Weeks 4-6: Any additional images according to your contract are edited in line with the first image & are delivered to you.